This was yum, via Healful Pursuit blog. I made it and froze it and have been eating it, defrosting a slice in the toasted works swell. I am afraid of bread, so this is a nice way to reintegrate the idea into my life (when I do eat bread, I’ll be having one of those hefty German loaves you can knock a mugger in the head with #nahmean).
Here it is:
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 13×9 baking pan with parchment paper draped over the sides. Set aside.
- Combine flax seed with baking powder, herb mix and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine fully and set aside.
- Add eggs, water and oil to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- Transfer liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture. Stir with a spatula, just until incorporated. The mixture will be very fluffy. Once incorporated, allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Drop mixture into prepared baking pan. Smooth with the back of the spatula and transfer the pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake bread for 20 minutes, until top is golden. Remove from the oven and lift bread (from the parchment paper sides) to a cooling rack. Peel the parchment paper from the bottom of the bread and allow the bread to cool on the cooling rack for an hour.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
- Bread can be toasted or frozen. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.